Beef Tenderloin Recipe
Don’t be put off by its beauty (or size!) evermore. The beef tenderloin recipe is really easy to cook and will melt in your mouth in no time! I realize that this cut of meat might be costly, but trust me when I say that it will easily feed a party for a fraction of the cost the same audience would pay at a cafe. Yes, you’ll make it taste as delicious as any restaurant version!
Because flesh shines by itself and, the beef tenderloin recipe doesn’t take much in the way of cooking or spicing. Add lightly with salt and pepper, then sit and relax! However, because horseradish and steak are a mix long happy, I like to serve it with a delicious horseradish yogurt sauce.
More Christmas recipes Check here: CRANBERRY BRIE BITES
Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- 3 pound beef tenderloin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 springs thyme
For Yogurt Sauce
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp horseradish
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- Mix the oil, vinegar, mustard, thyme, rosemary sprigs, bay leaf, crushed garlic, and honey in a large mixing bowl. Add the meat to the bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate for 1 hour or up to 1 day in the refrigerator. Optional: Before baking, bring the tenderloin to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 450° Fahrenheit (232° c). Wrap aluminum foil over a cookie sheet and place a sheet pan inside. Using paper towels, blot the tenderloin dry after removing it from the marinade. Place on the rack after coating with salt, pepper, rosemary, and chopped garlic.
- Roast for 20 minutes for rare, or until done to your taste. Wait for a 5- to 10-minute rest period before slicing.
- Meanwhile, prep the sauce: Mix the yogurt, sour cream, horseradish, and lemon juice in a medium mixing bowl and season with salt.
- The tenderloin should be sliced and served with a sauce on the side.
Nutrition Value: Calories: 732kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 60g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g| Cholesterol: 180mg | Sodium: 628mg | Potassium: 740mg | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 6mg | Vitamin A: 258IU
The nutritional information is for a single serving and is simply a close estimate. The nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed to be accurate.