Growing up, there was one item that absolutely fascinated me, regardless of the occasion, the restaurant style, or the time of day: the almighty cheeseburger. That handheld sweetness has a magical quality to it that instantly makes us happy. One of my top ten ambitions when I first started cooking was to master a juicy, cooked-to-perfection burger.
This is a recipe for a typical diner-style burger with all of my favorite toppings. Adding mustard paste to the beef before frying creates an extremely delicious crust. you’ll be transformed in no time.
- 1.2 kg Freshly ground chuck
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices of American cheese
- 6 large burger buns, preferably homemade
- Onions, sliced
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Pickles, sliced
- Gently combine ground beef and onion powder in a large mixing bowl, then shape into six patties that are slightly larger than your hamburger buns and have a dent in the center.
- Preheat your grill, grill pan, or cast iron skillet over high heat, then season the patties thoroughly with salt and pepper before placing them on the grill to cook.
- Cook for about two minutes, or until the bottom crust has formed. Flip the burgers once you can easily pick them up, then top with two pieces of cheese on each. Cook for an additional two to three minutes.
- Remove off the grill and place on buns, then top with chosen garnishings and condiments such as lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and ketchup and serve.
The beauty of a smashed burger is that as it cooks, it will develop a massive crust. However, to compensate for the lack of moistness, a slice of cheese is placed between two burger patties, technically turning a smashed burger into a cheeseburger. TOPPINGS & CONDIMENTS Cheeseburgers can be topped with sliced pickles, onions, tomatoes, or lettuce, as well as condiments such as ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. BURGER BUNS Sesame seeds are commonly put on burger buns. Burger buns are available at every shop, or you may make your own. Always toast the buns before constructing the cheeseburger, since this prevents them from becoming soggy. SERVING Serve with French fries, onion rings, or potato chips as an aside. It goes well with beer or your favorite soft drink.