Low-Carb Sesame Chicken
Our favorite Chinese meal is transformed into something healthy with this Easy Low-Carb Sesame Chicken Recipe. The tastes of soy, ginger, and sesame are all there in this homemade version, but there are no carbs. Serve it with steamed broccoli for a full meal. Anyone following a low-carb, keto, Atkins, gluten-free, grain-free, or Banting diet would like this recipe.
Low-Carb Sesame Chicken Recipe
Coating & Chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder (or corn starch)
- 1 lb chicken thighs (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 tbsp So Nourished GOLD
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ginger (1 cm cube)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- To prepare the batter, whisk together an egg and a spoonful of arrowroot powder.
- Place your bite-sized chicken thigh pieces in the mixture and whisk thoroughly. Make sure they're completely covered.
- In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of toasted sesame seed oil and add the chicken thighs. Allow a little space between each one. If necessary, work in two batches; you want them to cook, not steam. When moving and flipping the chicken, make care to be gently. The breading will come off if you're too harsh, and the sesame sauce won't stay as well.
- Make your sesame sauce while the chicken thighs are cooking (approximately 10 minutes). Combine all of the sauce ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
- Add your sesame sauce to the pan once all of the chicken has cooked through. Stir to incorporate. Allow for another 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Take the chicken and place it over a bed of cooked broccoli with a sprinkling of sesame seeds and green onion when the sauce has thickened and warmed up. Enjoy!